Happy Father's Day!

From the time I learnt to walk
to the time I learnt to talk,
From the time I first read abc
to the time I first called out 'daddy'
Papa you've always stood by me!



When I ran my first race
you were there to tie my lace
and when I fell down on my way
you gave me strength to stand again!


I still remember all your stories
of ugly goblins and beautiful fairies,
Even when I asked a million questions
you answered each with the same patience!

You bought me dolls and cars
Just for my smile you could bring down stars,
You always made sure I got the best
my every wish you've first addressed!

You taught me to be bold
you taught me to endure,
To always walk with my head held high
and look into the enemy's eye!

I know dad even if the whole world
disowns me some day
you will still by my side stay!


Papa I solemnly vow
To always make you proud
Give you all the world's happiness
and always stay your little princess!
Indira Shukla.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY PAPA :)

6 comments:

~RV~a.k.a Raghuveer Nishtala said...

Touchy!Lovely!
Typically Indira type! :)

Unknown said...

touching....

aks.fuelled24*7! said...

hmmm ....nice one indi....nice way to deicate something to someone whom we love the most in our lives....keep goin...!!!!!!!

SRIKAR NAGELLI said...

Awesome stuff Indira!! I think you should write poems more often..Love the line"Just for my smile you could bring down stars"..Keep Going

SRIKAR NAGELLI said...

Awesome stuff Indira!!Hoping to read your poems more often..Keep it up :):)

Revathi J said...

WOAH!!!! Love this one :) Great job hun!! :))