Hungry puppy


One cold winter morning
as I stepped out yawning,
I noticed a little puppy
who seemed homeless and hungry.





He roamed about my street
sniffing for remains of food ,
The food which I didn't wish to eat
those leftovers he so much valued!!

He didn't stop for rest
even though it was cold and freezing ,
He tirelessly continued his quest
maybe he was accustomed to this drudging!!

As he moved past me
I noticed he looked tired and glum,
but his weary eyes suddenly lit up with glee

when he noticed me holding a bread crumb.

He playfully ran towards me
wagging his tail delightfully,
Snatching the crumb from my hand
he ran away making no more demand.

He joyfully ate those pieces few
which put an end to his endless search,
Maybe he hoped he found me the next day too
to save him from the tiresome lurch.
Indira Shukla.

Let's be kind to these innocent and speechless creatures.Adopt a street puppy or atleast offer food and shelter to him.Try not to harm them if not protect them :)

2 comments:

aks.fuelled24*7! said...

gud msg.....so did u adapt any???

anand said...

this is nice !!